суббота, 15 августа 2009 г.

Is there a cheap product proposed for venting a bathroom fan through a heavy steel roof?

I am remodeling my public bathroom and could like a fan that will vent through the roof. This is normally not a huge deal, but I'm a tight small unsure how to properly seal the vent to a sharp iron roof. Is there a latest product proposed to do this?

  • I installed my vent so that it vented out they soffit of my friends house. I also didn't want to take a chance on a leak in my shiny iron roof. If you have enough attic space to work with. this worked wonderful for me.
  • AGREE with first correct answer.. proper terminology & quot; ROOF FLASHING& quot; it's a square peice of short steel with a Rubber boot the you will slide the pipe through.
  • yes it, s called a rubber boot that goes over the vent pipe, and seals to the roof,
    at a plumbing supply or hardware,
  • It depends on whether the base is around or square.
    If the base is around, then William's correct answer is correct. But if the base is square, you could need a tight iron & quot; sidewall flashing& quot; for the other sides, and a tight steel & quot; endwall flashing& quot; for the top and bottom. Either way you could need to use a high quality roofing sealant around the flashing.